10. Give according to the guidelines of Romans 15:27 and Galatians 6:10. Paul gives clear guidance that we should prioritize our finances both to the Jewish people (Romans 15:27), but also to believers. Millions of dollars have been given to Israel and to secular ministries in Israel. This is good, but let us not fail to prioritise our own brothers and sisters, especially those in the Land. They are need. Often they have returned to Israel in poverty. It is sometimes more difficult for them to be employed because of their faith. Remember them.
11. Do not just visit the Land; visit your brothers and sisters in the Land. Christians visit the Land of Israel by the hundreds of thousands annually. Most of them never get to know one believer in the Land, yet these believers are in great need of encouragement from their brothers and sisters around the world. Get acquainted with them. Visit one of their meetings. Take gifts to them. Invite one of their leaders to speak to your tour group.
12. Become Ephesians 2:15 “one new man” people of God. The Lord is not returning for a church that excludes his Jewish family. He also does not want a Jewish people that exclude the grafted-in family from the nations. He will return for a Jew-Gentile bride. Let us Gentiles seek the Lord on what this means and how we are to become one with our returning “elder brother” of faith.
1. Pray for the revelation about the importance of Israel and the Jewish people. We can read Scripture and never see its significance. Ponder well Paul’s 9th through 11th chapters of Romans, especially the 11th chapter where he clearly teaches that God is not finished with Israel, that He has not rejected them forever. Look carefully...Read More
4. Honor the Jewish people as our parents in the faith according to the principles of Malachi 4 and Ephesians 6. Malachi says that in the last days the hearts of the fathers will be turned to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers (4:6). Paul urges the Ephesian believers to remember...Read More
7. Become Isaiah 49:22 Gentiles. Isaiah sees Gentiles bringing “your sons in their arms” and “daughters on their shoulders.” “Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers.” It is the Gentile Christian world that has often encouraged Israel’s return to the Land. It is often they who have leased aeroplanes and ships...Read More
10. Give according to the guidelines of Romans 15:27 and Galatians 6:10. Paul gives clear guidance that we should prioritize our finances both to the Jewish people (Romans 15:27), but also to believers. Millions of dollars have been given to Israel and to secular ministries in Israel. This is good, but let us not fail to...Read More
13. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, according to the biblical injunction of Psalm 122:6. This may be as simple as a few people meeting weekly or monthly to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. The Lord is the eyes of the Gentile Church to this need to pray for Jerusalem and Israel. Hundreds of thousands...Read More